Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32h743 max FMC SDRAM clock 100MHz?

Dat Tran
Senior II

Hi,

I found this in datasheet

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhavNQAQ.png 

But we config SDRAM at 120MHz, because we are running at 480MHz.

(480MHz / 2 / 2 = 120MHz).

I am thinking the datasheet is for STM32H7xx 400MHz, because when I config SDRAM at 120MHz, the system works fine without issue.

Does max 100MHz FMC clock apply for STM32H7 480MHz?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

There are two STM32H743 revisions: Rev.V and Rev.Y.

For that, the SDRAM Max clock frequency is 110MHz for Rev.V and 100MHz for Rev.Y in the interval of 2.7V to 3.6V.

The FMC_SDCLK we can run SDRAM depends on the VDD and on the capacitor value.

For more explanation, I advise you to take a look at DS12110 and precisely 7.3.17 FMC characteristics Section.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

There are two STM32H743 revisions: Rev.V and Rev.Y.

For that, the SDRAM Max clock frequency is 110MHz for Rev.V and 100MHz for Rev.Y in the interval of 2.7V to 3.6V.

The FMC_SDCLK we can run SDRAM depends on the VDD and on the capacitor value.

For more explanation, I advise you to take a look at DS12110 and precisely 7.3.17 FMC characteristics Section.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No physical damage occurs when you exceed the limit. But it depends on the characteristics of the IO cells and load capacitance of the traces/device attached. It might work, they just don't guarantee it across their process window (how the wafers are diffused)

It's why they have a DIV3 option

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SofLit
ST Employee

Hi,

As stated by @KDJEM.1 the Max frequencies are provided in the DS. But if you want to run at 480MHz with the FMC max frequency you can use different PLLs for the CPU and FMC.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.