cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H730 outside of program code

Peaga
Senior

Hello!

I'm porting a working code from H750VB to H730VB, generating a new HAL core from STM32CubeMX, but right after entering on "SystemClock_Config" function at debug mode, I've got the message "Break at address 0x46bd3718 with no debug information available, or outside of program code". Going step-by-step, the issue happens on "HAL_RCC_ClockConfig", at the second "D1PCLK1 configuration" calling:

if ((RCC_ClkInitStruct->APB3CLKDivider) < (RCC->D1CFGR & RCC_D1CFGR_D1PPRE))
{
assert_param(IS_RCC_D1PCLK1(RCC_ClkInitStruct->APB3CLKDivider));
MODIFY_REG(RCC->D1CFGR, RCC_D1CFGR_D1PPRE, RCC_ClkInitStruct->APB3CLKDivider);
}

I'm using the same custom board and pinout as H750 one and the app is quite simple: a few GPIOs, UART and SPI. I've also tried just a "blink LED" code, same break on "SystemClock_Config". Two different boards, same issue.

Did anyone face the same problem?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

That's a good question, I've thought that option was auto selected by Cube depending on clock configuration (and yes, VDD = 3v3). When I change the main clock to 400 MHz, for example, I can only select VOS0 or VOS1.

Hi @Peaga ,

Thank you for updating post.

I made some tests using STM32H730VBHx MCU  and STM32CubeMx 6.10.0 revision and I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

For STM32H730VBHx MCU and when the AXI clock is set to 100MHz, the STM32CubeMx 6.10.0 disactivates  "Power Regulator Voltage Scale 3" option as shown in the below figure:

KDJEM1_0-1709900559011.png

KDJEM1_1-1709900619035.png

Which STM32CubeMx version are you using? Could you please update the latest version of STM32CubeMx tool?

Could you please share your ioc file?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @KDJEM.1 

Yep, I'm already working with CubeMX 6.10.0. Please, take a look below:

Pedro3_0-1709908202516.png

Pedro3_1-1709908249976.png

Thanks

Hi @Peaga 

Could you please share your .ioc project?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@KDJEM.1 

Is there a way to share the file only with you?

Thanks

Go to profile, should be a means to Private Message users that have that enabled.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Peaga ,

Could please send your .ioc file by Private Message as mentioned by @Tesla DeLorean ?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Hi @Peaga ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. 

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 175753 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

Hello @Peaga ,

The issue is  fixed in STM32CubeMx 6.12.0 version.

Thank you.

Kaouthar