cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7(43VIT) signal processing facility shortage

SeyyedMohammad
Senior III

In H7 devices (based on my experince on H743VIT) for processing of streams we need to process streams in certain defined buffer continually. But in h7 we can't focus on the process because peripherals itself can not maintain these buffers update, then CPU have to disperse its focus to manages data. For example for sake of audio processing SAI DMA can not continually transmit big data or ADC can not read big data to write the to desired buffer and make them update and CPU need to continually correct their SAI source and ADC destination pointer to their circular job include all buffer size. Also SAI have extremely low utility to synchronize its transmitting. It only have external trigger from its FS or WS clock to two TIM which is garbage since it's most frequency is 1/2 Ffs or Fws. When I selected H7 I really expected more from this family. It could have soething like TapDelayLine peripheral to or FFT,DCT peripheral to accelerate processing. The only good thing is advance DMA feature like Synchronization and Request generator. But using them to have a little remedy to described shortages makes code tricky and a little nasy. Am I right is there something hidden in H7 that could remedy the problems?

I hope some chip from ST with strong signal processing feature to handle stream in buffers, and synchronization tool for IOs, with usefull DSP peripherals, like DCT FFT TDL ... .Though stm32's are very lovely devices, many thanks for your efforts.

0 REPLIES 0