cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO H743ZI2 MB1364E and MB1364C

HANI1992Jafari
Associate

Hello, I hope you are doing great.

I have two NUCLEO H743ZI2, one of them is MB1364E, and the other one is MB1364C. They are totaly the same but there are little differences and I would like to find them and make them same, since I would like to use them in the same application.

I searched a lot and I found that there are some differences between them in the PCB and components.
For example,

1- SB1, 0 ohm 0603 resistor is deleted form the PCB in MB1364E.

2- SB45, a 0 ohm 0603 resistor is added to the PCB in MB1364E.

The question is that is there any other differences that I could not find?
Is there a PDF which explane the differences?
Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please do not confuse SB1 on rev C-01 with SB1 on E-01. SB1 connects 3V3 on Rev C-01 to 3V3_PER, to which the LEDs, among other things, are connected, while SB1 on E-01 short-circuits the input and output of U1.

SB45 is closed by default on both Rev C-01 and E-01 and connects the output MCO of the ST-LINK to OSC_IN of the STM32H7x3. If you open it, you must either have X3 equipped or use one of the internal clocks.

If you prefer the original state, you should set the following:

• SB1: C-01 = closed, E-01 = open
  • SB45 closed on both

Otherwise and despite the VDD jumper I am not aware of any major differences.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @HANI1992Jafari, to the community!

Rev C-01 had a minor limitation regarding the IDD measurement which has been removed in E-01. Details can be found in UM2407, table 23, if you search for C01 or E01.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Mr. Bensch,

Thank you for quick answer. yeah I knew about this jumpers and I read the data that you sent, good information. Thanks.
In this application, I used C model before and this time I am using E model, then some of my tests failed. After that I found the conflicts between boards. Like SB1 and SB45

I shorted SB1 and openned the SB45 to be the same as C model. and the tests passed this time.

I want to make sure that is there any other differences? or only SB1 and SB45, for more information I attached the photo of my changes to be the same as C model.
Best regards,

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please do not confuse SB1 on rev C-01 with SB1 on E-01. SB1 connects 3V3 on Rev C-01 to 3V3_PER, to which the LEDs, among other things, are connected, while SB1 on E-01 short-circuits the input and output of U1.

SB45 is closed by default on both Rev C-01 and E-01 and connects the output MCO of the ST-LINK to OSC_IN of the STM32H7x3. If you open it, you must either have X3 equipped or use one of the internal clocks.

If you prefer the original state, you should set the following:

• SB1: C-01 = closed, E-01 = open
  • SB45 closed on both

Otherwise and despite the VDD jumper I am not aware of any major differences.

Regards
/Peter