cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo project for STM32H7S78-DK downloaded from STMicroelettronics official site doesn't work

FCola.1
Associate II

Hello everyone, I bought a STM32H7S78-DK and I am having problems with it. 

After playing with it a bit, I decided to flash the original firmware which I can download from ST official site (the name of the project's folder is "STM32H7S78-DK TouchGFX Demo v1.1.2").

There are two problems: 

1) When I am trying to compile the application project, I have an error because there isn't an image needed by TouchGFX gui ( this issue can be resolved opening the project with TouchGFX and starting a generation code); 

2) When I am trying to debug the application project, it get stuck on an address of bootloader's project (as you can see in the attached file). 

Do I need to configure something in the STCubeIDE? 

Thanks in advance Immagine 2024-08-20 232146.png

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @FCola.1 ,

I think the same issue is reported here.

And the solution is:

KDJEM1_1-1726844709617.png

Could you please confirm that?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JohanAstrup
ST Employee

Hello @FCola.1 .

If you don't need the source code and just want to play around with the demo on the board, I recommend using the binary version (the one under "Compiled demos") instead. Then you only need to select the correct external loader and flash it with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Regarding your first question, the files generated by TouchGFX are not included to reduce the file size. However, in the future, we will try to publish it with the generated files to make it easier to use. Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,
Johan