cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection failure st link v2

Pal_555
Associate II

hi, 

Please provide solution for the following issue.

while i was trying to run a program on STM 32 F103C using ST link V2 on STM32cube 1.13.2 ide, getting an error "read version failed".

following is the error message.

STM32 error message.PNG

Unable to solve this error.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Pal_555to the community!

Please upload a photo of your ST-LINK.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You might have counterfeit pods or chips. ST provides no support for those devices.

Check if the ST-LINK/V2 is viable directly under STM32 Cube Programmer. If it is then you need to check the settings of how the GDB Server is brought up and local/remote settings there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

this is the St link I am using.20231019_115558.jpg

Well that's definitely a third-party product and not an authentic ST-LINK

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Pal_555 You have saved money in the wrong place and should buy an original ST-LINK (if you buy cheap, you buy twice).

However, there are even ways to save money: if you buy a cheap NUCLEO-64, you can use the ST-LINK that is also included. Either break it off or disconnect the respective target MCU by removing the ST-LINK jumper. A NUCLEO-144 can also be used, but it is more expensive than a NUCLEO-64.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thanks for the solution.