cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-IHM03 Motor Control Nucleo Pack

Prasanth91
Associate

Hi,
I have Motor Control Nucleo Pack P-NUCLEO-IHM03 that includes Controller Board NUCLEO-G431RB, Inverter Board X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 and a Gimbal motor GBM2804H-100T.

Could you please provide the informations regarding:
1. What are the software tools need to be installed for this set up ?
2. Does the tool provide any Graphical representation of real time data while running the motor ?
3. Is there any sensors supported by this inverter board/motor ?
4. Is there any other expansion boards/Motors that can be used with this evaluation kit ?

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fabrice LOUBEYRE
ST Employee

Hi Prasanth91,

1. I invite you to download the last version of the STM32 MCSDK 6.3.1 package.

MCSDK 6.3.1 is out ! - STMicroelectronics Community

Into the Motor Control Workbench tool, you will find an example project (6-Step example on IHM03 pack and nominal bus voltage) of the Nucleo Pack P-NUCLEO-IHM03. You can generate the project, compile it with STM32CubeIde tool for example and download the generated binary into the HW.  I invite you also to read embedded documentation.

2. Embedded into the STM32 MCSDK 6.3.1, you will find the Motor Pilot tool that allow control of the motor and display of information. I invite you to read related documentation. STM32 MC Motor Pilot - Start-up guide - stm32mcu

3. The power board X-NUCLEO-IHM16M has input connector for Hall effect-based sensors and encoder. Only Hall sensored project is supported with 6-step algorithm.

4. Thanks to the Motor Control workbench you can easily set up project by associating different power boards listed with the NUCLEO-G431RB.

Best regards.

Fabrice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fabrice LOUBEYRE
ST Employee

Hi Prasanth91,

1. I invite you to download the last version of the STM32 MCSDK 6.3.1 package.

MCSDK 6.3.1 is out ! - STMicroelectronics Community

Into the Motor Control Workbench tool, you will find an example project (6-Step example on IHM03 pack and nominal bus voltage) of the Nucleo Pack P-NUCLEO-IHM03. You can generate the project, compile it with STM32CubeIde tool for example and download the generated binary into the HW.  I invite you also to read embedded documentation.

2. Embedded into the STM32 MCSDK 6.3.1, you will find the Motor Pilot tool that allow control of the motor and display of information. I invite you to read related documentation. STM32 MC Motor Pilot - Start-up guide - stm32mcu

3. The power board X-NUCLEO-IHM16M has input connector for Hall effect-based sensors and encoder. Only Hall sensored project is supported with 6-step algorithm.

4. Thanks to the Motor Control workbench you can easily set up project by associating different power boards listed with the NUCLEO-G431RB.

Best regards.

Fabrice

Prasanth91
Associate

Thanks for your valuable support.
Could you please provide further details to the given below item:

A) The Gimbal motor GBM2804H-100T doesn't embed with any sensors, right? So that we need to use hall effect-based sensors to the board X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1.
B) Could you please suggest the part number for the sensor which we can use with this set up?