cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOOL ERROR: operands could not be broadcast together with shapes (32,7200) (32,)

rickforescue
Associate III

0693W00000Kcsu9QAB.pngI have a convolutional model with convolutional layers bach normalization layers and Dense layers at the end. The model is converted to a tflite model. The inferencing works perfect on computer using tflite but When I try to deploy it on the nucleo h743zi2 I get this error.

The network layers ans its shape look like it is shown in the pic. Has anyone come across this problem?

As far my understanding goes, I did not do wrong model creation. It is some bad interpretation from STM Cube library.

Additional Info: I am using STM Cube AI version 7.1.0

Thanks in advance

Rick

14 REPLIES 14
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

During code generation there is an optimization phase that can merge some layers, a typical case is a Conv2D followed by a batchNormalization followed by a ReLU, The optimized graph will just have a Conv2D

For example for this part of the model

0693W00000KdCYTQA3.jpgAfter the optimizer the model will look like

0693W00000KdCZaQAN.jpg 

Regards

Daniel

rickforescue
Associate III

Thanks. I see. Its interesting inisight.

Is this still the correct syntax? I am using Cube AI 8.1.0 and when I add: --optimize.fold_batchnorm False" I get an unrecognized argument error. 

DanF
Associate II

A little more information. The error itself only occurs when I attempt to quantize the model into 8 bit data types by adding these lines when creating the TF Lite model:

converter.target_spec.supported_ops = [tf.lite.OpsSet.TFLITE_BUILTINS_INT8]
converter.inference_input_type = tf.int8 # or tf.uint8
converter.inference_output_type = tf.int8 # or tf.uint8

Without those lines there is no TOOL ERROR at all.

Update: It's only this line causing the problem:
converter.target_spec.supported_ops = [tf.lite.OpsSet.TFLITE_BUILTINS_INT8]
I suspect that STM code is using some other ops and thus this fails. 

Hello DanF,

I have a similar problem, did you manage to solve it?

Thank you in advance, 
Ioan