cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a thread project into a project to have only the necessary files.

Cadixal
Associate

Hello,

I've recently been using Thread application examples like "Thread_FTD_Coap_Multicast", but when I tried adding other features such as ADC, I encountered errors due to redundancy caused by too many files.

I'm wondering how to start a new clean project with STM32CubeMX and then incorporate the Thread protocol afterwards.

Have you ever done this? If so, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Cadixal,

To create a new project dedicated for a Thread application you can use either STM32CubeMX tool or STM32CubeIDE both allowing an advanced configuration with integrated GUI feature. To set up a Thread project you have to follow the steps below :

1. Activate HSEM
  2. Activate IPCC
  3. Activate RCC
  4. Activate RF ( Under Connectivity)
  5. Activate USART1 or LPUART
  6. Under Middleware ->STM32_WPAN-> Check THREAD and set up the configuration as follow :
    Ouadi_1-1707936294556.png
  7. Set up the Clock configuration
  8. Set up project configuration under Project Manager by choosing the toolchain IDE -> STM32CubeIDE
  9. Generate the project and verify the project setting to be sure that all source path are included as follow :Ouadi_3-1707936599295.png

You have now a clean project that includes Thread APIs ready to be used for your own application.

Best regards,

Ouadi

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Cadixal,

To create a new project dedicated for a Thread application you can use either STM32CubeMX tool or STM32CubeIDE both allowing an advanced configuration with integrated GUI feature. To set up a Thread project you have to follow the steps below :

1. Activate HSEM
  2. Activate IPCC
  3. Activate RCC
  4. Activate RF ( Under Connectivity)
  5. Activate USART1 or LPUART
  6. Under Middleware ->STM32_WPAN-> Check THREAD and set up the configuration as follow :
    Ouadi_1-1707936294556.png
  7. Set up the Clock configuration
  8. Set up project configuration under Project Manager by choosing the toolchain IDE -> STM32CubeIDE
  9. Generate the project and verify the project setting to be sure that all source path are included as follow :Ouadi_3-1707936599295.png

You have now a clean project that includes Thread APIs ready to be used for your own application.

Best regards,

Ouadi

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.