cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405 wont flash

EOpitz
Associate

Hello everyone, I have had problems flashing a STM32F405 from a 3D printer board, I have not managed to flash via DFU and with a STLink-V2. Here is what I have done.

- First, the board has a HID bootloader, which by connecting jumpers between BOOT0-3.3V and BOOT1-GND allows the board to enter DFU mode. With this, I managed to flash a bootloader for the connection of CAN accessories (Katapult - Canboot). After two unsuccessful attempts the bootloader was not operational.
- Second, I again connected BOOT0-3.3V and BOOT1-GND, entered DFU and with STM32Cube I erased the whole chip to reprogram bootloader and firmware.
- After the above, when reconnecting the board to the stm32cube with and without BOOT0-3.3V and BOOT1-GND connected the board fails to enter DFU.
- Finally, I tried connecting a STLink - V2 clone, updated the firmware on it and tried to connect to the board, however I get the image error (DEV_TARGET_HELD_UNDER_RESET). The connection through STLink was tried with and without RST cable from STLink to the board, and through the options Software Reset, Hardware Reset.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 2.40.52 PM.png

Attached is the schematic of the board in question.

Github Schematic - Gemini V3 Board 

Any suggestions on how to proceed?, I would appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

try in Programmer settings : software reset , mode normal.

(V2 clones have no working hard reset ! )

+ enable :debug in low power mode

-------

And if after reset, with BOOT0-3.3V and BOOT1-GND (check: reset hi again...)

CubeProgrammer in DFU mode -> no response from chip --- maybe you killed the chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

try in Programmer settings : software reset , mode normal.

(V2 clones have no working hard reset ! )

+ enable :debug in low power mode

-------

And if after reset, with BOOT0-3.3V and BOOT1-GND (check: reset hi again...)

CubeProgrammer in DFU mode -> no response from chip --- maybe you killed the chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Edit:
Thanks!