cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recently i bought st-link with APM32F103C8T6 chip. can you confirm it can be connected with stmcube? coz i am having problem to get it connected. when i click connect, stmcube just do nothing. no error .but not connected. stlink ver V2J37S7. thanks

peluru
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It should be possible to place multiple images in a single post, and also edit the posts to add informations or pictures

So a fake ST-LINK with a fake MCU, I'm not sure you're going to get any support from ST on that.

Connected to what? Does STM32 Cube Programmer see whatever device you're trying to connect to the ST-LINK?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
peluru
Associate II

0693W00000Hp905QAB.png

peluru
Associate II

0693W00000Hp90PQAR.png

peluru
Associate II

this is clone stlink v2

It should be possible to place multiple images in a single post, and also edit the posts to add informations or pictures

So a fake ST-LINK with a fake MCU, I'm not sure you're going to get any support from ST on that.

Connected to what? Does STM32 Cube Programmer see whatever device you're trying to connect to the ST-LINK?

How do I know its fake?

I am not the one who is responsible the existence of that in the market.

Your last question is why I am here

ST Microelectronics manufactures microcontrollers whose names start "stm32"

I do not know which chip manufacturer makes chips where the name starts APM32. I would not call it a "fake" because as the name doesn't start "stm32", the chip isn't claiming to be an ST part. They might be implying that it has similar capabilities to the stm32f103 and it might, with effort, be able to use it in a similar way. But maybe only for "simple" things - if you start to use the advanced features of the ST peripherals you may hit problems.

A demo-board supplier might stuff these APM32 chips onto their boards; if they claim it is stm32 (or stm32-compatible) then they are the ones who are doing the counterfeiting.

But you shouldn't expect ST, who write stm32cube with a view to selling more of their own chips, to put much effort into making it work with a competitor's products unless they saw some reason to do so.

Now I'm not affiliated with ST so I shall try to be helpful. You might find that other programmers can cope with non-ST parts. I seem to remember the hackaday website had a blog entry on what people had to do in order to program these not-quite-stm32 devices.

Hope this helps,

Danish

TzOk
Associate

This MCU is made by GEEHY (formerly Apexmic, hence the APM32) and it will not work with STM32 Cube Programmer. Unfortunately, recently, all these clones come with this MCU. It will see it only in firmware upgrade mode (DFU), otherwise it will not read its serial number, nor it will be able to connect to target MCU. However, it will work fine, with an old STM32 ST-Link Utility. It is also possible to update its firmware using official tool, and this tool will see device ID after switching to DFU mode. In normal mode, the ID will be a single capital letter, like F or Y.

I have "repaired" one of such ST-LINKs, by programming a "Blue Pill" with an old (V2.J16.S4) ST-LINK v2 firmware found on the Internet, and replaced the APM32F103CBT6 in the ST-LINK clone, with this programmed STM32F103CBT6 from the "Blue Pill". Now it works fine with the STM32 Cube Programmer. Blue Pill with APM32 also works, but for Arduino it has to use gd32f1_generic_boot20_pc13 bootloader.

I've got some NS32F103 based boards here, but they are CMSIS-DAP ones, so side steps the whole ST-LINK issue, and work in KEIL with STM32 parts attached..

Not bad really as they provide SWD and UART/VCP connectivity, uses USB-C connector.

0693W00000QN7lnQAD.png