cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-H563ZI does not power on from CN1

algernon77
Associate II

Hello,

Just got a new Nucleo-H563ZI board and I was trying to connect it to PC through the STLINK USB-C port, in order to play with it. I've checked jumper config, and all seems right, but the only thing happening when plugging in is that LD4 RED half is always on and the green half blinks. No other LED is on.

If I change JP2 to power from CN13, plugging the same cable in the CN13 powers the board correctly, and the default demo starts running.

I'm able to connect a Nucleo-F446RE and a Discovery board succesfully to the same PC port.

I did search the forum, but I wasn't able to find some similar situation, so I'm out of ideas 🙂

I wonder if I could power the board with a powerbrick through CN13 and use CN1 then for programming?

Thanks and sorry if this was asked before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @algernon77 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

If you are sure about your USB cable (is a data cable and not a charging cable) and USB ports, i suggest you to try to connect your board to CubeMX using different connexion modes (under reset SW and HW, hot plug,...). You could also check the following part of the UM3115:

Screenshot_2024-02-21-21-39-59-27_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Can you connect to it with STM32CubeProgrammer and read out memory? If not, why not/what error messages or unexpected behavior happens?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @algernon77 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

If you are sure about your USB cable (is a data cable and not a charging cable) and USB ports, i suggest you to try to connect your board to CubeMX using different connexion modes (under reset SW and HW, hot plug,...). You could also check the following part of the UM3115:

Screenshot_2024-02-21-21-39-59-27_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

No, I can't connect to it when plugging the USB cable in CN1. The only LED that is on is LD4, which has the red half always lit and the green half blinking. From the PC side, nothing appears connected in that port, so I can't use CubeIDE or the firmware updater. I tried almost all of my PC and laptop USB port, and none works. All jumpers seem to be in the correct position.

Hi STTwo-32,

The cable is good - with the same cable in the same PC port, if I change JP2 to USB USER and connect the cable to CN13, the board powers ok up and starts the demo preloaded firmware. Tomorrow I'll try to power up the board through CN13 and connect it to the PC with another cable through CN1.

Update:

Starting to doubt my new cable, I borrowed a old USB-C data cable for Samsung phones aaand.. it works!

So, I have a USB cable which was marketed as data and charging, but apparently the data part is to be debated 🙂

The weird thing is that I've used it for data connection with other gizmos and it worked.

Thanks for your answers!