cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F429ZI with own board / Reset Issues

jRn
Associate II

Hello,

for a first design verification i am using a NUCLEO-F429ZI board mounted on an own PCB.

With my first board everything is fine and i have no issues. But with my second NUCLEO-F429ZI, the behaviour is strange.

I am using the same PCB and can change the NUCLEO-F429ZI.

On my PCB i am using the +5V (CN8_9) as supply for the NUCLEO-F429ZI. The jumper JP3 is on E5V, for programming during implementing.0693W00000QNa3QQAT.png 

Now with the second board i have to press the RESET button or plug the USB ST-Link cable that the NUCLEO-F429ZI will start.

With the other one, there is no need to press the RESET button or plug in the USB ST-Link cable.

On the PCB i have a 10k pullup for NRST...

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Juergen

5 REPLIES 5
Piranha
Chief II

> On the PCB i have a 10k pullup for NRST...

Then take it off and look at AN4488.

jRn
Associate II

Hello Piranha,

thanks for the advice.

But it didn't work if i remove the 10k pullup...

I have already checked at AN4488 and still have no idea.

Piranha
Chief II

> it didn't work if i remove the 10k pullup

Then fix it. Show/describe the complete schematic related to NRST signal. Check the NRST level.

Check the voltage on power supply lines with and probably take a look with an oscilloscope.

Debug the software...

jRn
Associate II

What should i fix when i remove the pullup?

I have already checked the NRST signal with a osci. It is the same with the "working" Eval-Board.

I didn't think the power supply is the problem because after a "Reset" event it works fine..

How do i debug the software if the board wouldn't boot?

Piranha
Chief II

If the hardware is fine, then most likely the MCU is starting, but the startup code fails at some point, which can be debugged.