cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No serial communication from ST Link-v2 to laptop through USB

sbeuk
Associate

I want to program my STM32F091CC with the ST Link/V2 through Arduino. I downloaded the stw-link009 software and I can push Arduino code to the STM32. The problem is that I can not get serial communication so I can see serial prints or debug my code

I have been trying to fix this issue for several days now but don't see a solution. On other forms I see that it is impossible to get serial communication from an "external ST Link/V2 .. 

sbeuk_0-1697792613872.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, you'd need an ST-LINK/V3SET supporting a serial connection or a separate USB to Serial dongle attached to a Serial / UART instance on the board.

Or you'd need a USB CDC/VCP Device firmware running on the STM32, perhaps in the form of boot loader

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Correct, you'd need an ST-LINK/V3SET supporting a serial connection or a separate USB to Serial dongle attached to a Serial / UART instance on the board.

Or you'd need a USB CDC/VCP Device firmware running on the STM32, perhaps in the form of boot loader

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Normally the VCP is supported by STLINKV2 embedded on ST STM32 boards. is this issue discovered on ST board? or which ST board you are working on? thanks!

sbeuk
Associate

I am working with the Barth STG850 PLC. I managed to get serial communication by using the Barth VK-16 cable. 

Thank you both for the responses.