cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-NFC6 not a valid X-CUBE-Expansion and missing files

wmmcmj
Associate II

I downloaded the X-CUBE-NFC6 expansion (en.X-CUBE-NFC6.zip) to include it as an X-CUBE-Expansion within STM32CubeIDE. This is not possible, as STM32CubeIDE (1.6.1) reports that it is apparently not an actual X-CUBE-Expansion package. Also manually extracting and importing either one of the two example projects does not work up to compilation as there appear to be missing files, for example utils.h.

How can I solve this? At the current state my ST25R3916 is just dead weight on my PCB including wasted space for the antenna.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Unfortunately, not all packages on the ST website is fully integrated with STM32CubeIDEs "Manage embedded software packages" feature.

With some packages you might need to cherry pick what resources you need and manually add the rest. However, I tried importing two projects and both worked fine for me. I used the option File -> Import... -> General -> Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project and pointed to the SW4STM32/<target> folder. It converted the project successfully and I was able to build with no errors.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Marcel,

X-CUBE-NFC6 is a firmware package that contains ready to compile demos for various MCU such as STM32L76RG. The project files are delivered as part of the package and the demos can be compiled without errors. In its current version, it is not designed to be used directly in STM32CubeMX but as a standalone package.

When using your own project, make sure to

• define the various GPIO and interfaces (see attached ioc file as example)
  • have the proper Includes (e.g. STM32CubeExpansion_NFC6_V1.1.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\ST25R3916 for utils.h). See the demos project files for the list of Includes
  • have the proper defines. See the defines in the project files

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Unfortunately, not all packages on the ST website is fully integrated with STM32CubeIDEs "Manage embedded software packages" feature.

With some packages you might need to cherry pick what resources you need and manually add the rest. However, I tried importing two projects and both worked fine for me. I used the option File -> Import... -> General -> Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project and pointed to the SW4STM32/<target> folder. It converted the project successfully and I was able to build with no errors.

Interesting. I was under the impression that NFC6 is supposed to be used as an expansion package in STM32Cube as it claims on the product page of Cube Expansion Packages, in which NFC6 is listed:

> High performance HF reader/NFC initiator IC software expansion for STM32Cube

(https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages.html)

Also NFC4 is already in the list of expansion packages within STM32Cube. I always thought the branding X-CUBE marks expansion packages and not expansion and stand-alone packages. Really confusing. How can I differentiate these packages in the future, since they are all listed on the product page of Cube Expansion Packages?

Hi Marcel,

fully integrated packages are listed in STM32CubeMX Embedded Software Packages Manager.

Currently, packages like X-CUBE-NFC3, X-CUBE-NFC5 and X-CUBE-NFC6 are expansion packages that are not integrated in the Embedded Software Packages Manager. Anyway, ready to build demos are provided within these packages.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.