cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M27C64A-15F1

ASHLEA
Associate II

I have M27C64A-15F1 and M27C64A-15F1L, does anyone know what the difference is?

The L suffix doesn't appear anywhere on the datasheet and I can't find any info on it ?

5 REPLIES 5

Good question, I don't see this in the ordering scheme here, or for other of the M27C series.

Apt to be a Die Shrink or Second Source, or Production Plant. I don't think it will be consequential as nothing is flagging up in searching. 

Perhaps Tube vs Tape-n-Reel modes of delivery.

@Peter BENSCH 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Thank you, @Tesla DeLorean for bringing this to my attention.

The EPROMs have been discontinued for a very long time, so there is no more information available and I can only assume: I have never seen such a suffix L, but even if the L had a meaning (subjunctive), there were very likely no technical differences.

I hope this helps anyway?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ASHLEA
Associate II

ASHLEA_0-1699451621536.png

Thanks for your replies, this is the part. I have other parts with the L suffix   ??

Sorry without the L suffix !

I've seen too. I would look at the die size, bond wires, and ceramic / quartz housing, and production location. Could also relate to the lead frames, metal or tinning. Looking through materials here I couldn't see it called out across dozens of docs and data books.

Around this time ST, Intel and AMD all made very similar parts and had partnerships. There was always a strong push to shrink the die so more parts would fit on a wafer, so it was not unusual for the parts to change but retain form-and-function.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..