cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading WAV files to AEK-MCU-C1MLIT1

EMart.8
Associate

Hello, I'm trying to develop an AVAS application, I have the AEK-MCU-C1MLIT1, the AEK-AUD-D903V1 and the AEK-CON-C1D9031 connection board. I've tested the Engine Sound Simulation and diagnostics with connection board and it woks, I get the sound out of the amplifier. However, when I try to change the audio files for ones of my own, I can't get any sound out of it. I proceed exactly as told in the instructions: I put the WAV files into the source folder (after checking they aren't bigger than 768kB), modify the sounddb.s file so it can access my WAV files, compile it, copy the .hex file from the build folder to the source folder and rename it, search for the 020000040100 string that identifies the beginning of the sound partition, delete everything behind that string, modify again the sounddb.s file so it doesn't compile the audio again, and then compile. It flashes without error into the MCU, but then it just doesn't sound. Could anyone help with that?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hello,

Assuming you did all the steps correctly, we can suggest the following two possibility:

1. verify that the wave file format is the correct one: in the driver you can find the function validate_wav_file. After processing your audio wave file, this function will return 0 if everything is ok or an error related to the missing parameter.
  2. verify that samples are correctly generated: samples of 32bit sampled at 44kHz with 24bit significative. It could be also a problem of volume, so try to set it to the maximum at the beginning just to test.

I hope this helps.

P.S. I am sorry for the late answer but I do not monitor this specific thread. For all AutoDevKit related threads, please use community.st.com/autodevkit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hello,

Assuming you did all the steps correctly, we can suggest the following two possibility:

1. verify that the wave file format is the correct one: in the driver you can find the function validate_wav_file. After processing your audio wave file, this function will return 0 if everything is ok or an error related to the missing parameter.
  2. verify that samples are correctly generated: samples of 32bit sampled at 44kHz with 24bit significative. It could be also a problem of volume, so try to set it to the maximum at the beginning just to test.

I hope this helps.

P.S. I am sorry for the late answer but I do not monitor this specific thread. For all AutoDevKit related threads, please use community.st.com/autodevkit