cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding steval-mki176v1 LSM6DS3H questions are about 1) specs of the internal clock, 2) LED availability. See Details.

Roumen K
Associate II

Regarding steval-mki176v1 LSM6DS3H :

1) What are the specs of the internal clock for the gyro if you were spec-ing it like a crystal? What is the drift and drift with temperature?

2) Does it have an LED to show bus activity when querying the gyro or accel registers?

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Roumen K​ , please find my answers here below:

1. Don't know if I fully understand your question: the gyro MEMS is composed by two component, a drive part and a sense part. The gyro drive is driven (by a sqare wave) at a certain frequency, that in case of LSM6DS3H is about 20kHz. The internal clock tree, managed by the digital part of the sensor, is basically composed by two branches (40kHz and 5.12MHz), which are calibrated at room temperature. The overall sensor drift can of course be compensated in temperature
  2. The standalone steval-mki176v1 has no onboard LEDs (also when you plug it on a motherboard such as the STEVAL-MKI109V3 or the X-NUCLEO expansion, there is unfortunately no LED indicating the SPI/I2C ommunication). However, you could wire the CS pin to the cathode of a LED (red) and, when you start SPI communication, the LED will accordingly blink following the CS polarization.

Regards

1) What are the specs of the internal clock for the gyro if you were spec-ing it like a crystal? What is the drift and drift with temperature?
2) Does it have an LED to show bus activity when querying the gyro or accel registers?
Please, ignore repeated question.

I would like to re-ask the first question: if we were to set up the accelerometer up to run at 204 Hz or 25 Hz, and we wanted to know what rate the accelerometer data interrupt line would fire at, how can we spec that? Ex: 204 Hz +\- 5% across the operating temperature range or 204 Hz +\- 2% at 25C . Thank you.

Hi @Roumen K​ , 204 Hz +\- 5% should be a likely value. Regards