cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO sensor hub questions

el659
Associate III

Hi, I would like to ask for some clarification about LSM6DSO's sensor hub features.

el659_0-1705055014758.png

1. I am considering mode 2 to connect two sensors to LSM6DSO and LSM6DSO will communicate with MCU in i2c interface. In this case, when connecting two sensors, say LI2MDL and LPS22DF, to LSM6DSO,  would I connect them to LSM6DSO's MSDA and MSCL in typical i2c bus connection with corresponding optional resistors, if needed?

el659_1-1705055397228.png

2. I am aware that max ODR of slave sensors connected to LSM6DSO when using mode 2 for sensor hub is 104 Hz. Then if I set LPS22DF's ODR to 100 Hz, would the ODR of LPS22DF stay as 100 Hz?

If there is anything I am mistaken about, please do correct me.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

Question 1: you need an I2C connection, you can look at our STEVAL MKI217V1 to see how the connections are made

Question 2: LSM6DSO queries the connected sensors with an ODR that is SHUB_ODR1/2 and the connected sensor will have an odr that you set as you want however ideally you should use the connected sensor with an odr higher than the odr you put for the LSM6DSO, so you are sure that the data is always new. Or, there is an option to use INT2 as a trigger for the external sensor data-ready. In this case, the sensor-hub is triggered by the external sensor.

However, in section 7 of AN5192 you can find all the details about sensor hub.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

Question 1: you need an I2C connection, you can look at our STEVAL MKI217V1 to see how the connections are made

Question 2: LSM6DSO queries the connected sensors with an ODR that is SHUB_ODR1/2 and the connected sensor will have an odr that you set as you want however ideally you should use the connected sensor with an odr higher than the odr you put for the LSM6DSO, so you are sure that the data is always new. Or, there is an option to use INT2 as a trigger for the external sensor data-ready. In this case, the sensor-hub is triggered by the external sensor.

However, in section 7 of AN5192 you can find all the details about sensor hub.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.