cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the LSM6DSOX from SensorTile.box?

NB.1990
Associate II

Hi, I'm relatively new to microprocessors and everything ST. I've recently been assigned to a project that is supposed to use the LSM6DSOX to track movement within a 3D space. I have the SensorTile.box and a STM32Nucleo-L476RG board. I've been having a lot of trouble trying to use the sensor within the SensorTile.box. I tried using Unico GUI, but it won't detect my sensor when I connect it to my computer. I confirmed the SensorTile.box is on, and my computer detects its presence (I'm able to see it in the File Explorer and access the contents of the board). I have STM32CUBEIDE installed, I installed the X-CUBE-MEMS1 Additional Software Pack, I tried downloading the STM Virtual COM Port drivers, but I still can't seem to get this to work. I am running Windows 10, and have tried the most recent versions of all the above mentioned software. Can anybody help me get started, or at least steer me in the right direction? The online videos I've found have people seamlessly using Unico GUI, which I just can't seem to get working with the SensorTile.box. The Virtual COM port detects my Nucleo Board just fine, though. I feel very overwhelmed by all the different aspects of the IDE and microprocessors and all of this, and am quite lost in this situation. Simply put (I think), how do I get the data generated from the LSM6DSOX sensor, and use that data on another board or device (the Nucleo board). Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Now that the MLC virtual sensor is available at ST BLE Sensor level, a brief post on this topic is useful and I will do on the Community in the next days. And maybe some videos will follow ;) Regards

Pgarg.11
Associate II

0690X00000BxB5OQAV.jpg

​@Eleon BORLINI​  ​ 

hi!!!

I flashed E:\SENSORTILE\STM32CubeFunctionPack_SENSING1_V4.0.1\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\SENSING1\Binary\SENSING1.bin in st.box by "st ble sensor app using smartphone", and the firmware flashed successfully, i was doing that because i was trying to obtain the dataset(sd card log) for different activities by adding a label as shown in the documentation UM2524 (page number 31 to 35).

but after doing that

1. i am unable in getting the log file(datset) on the SD Card inserted into st.box
  2. also now GREEN LIGHT freezed and
  3. the box is not also charging and
  4. sd card is not getting detected as the usb drive in "my computer/this pc(where the harddrives are shown)"
  5. sometimes it is not getting showed in the devices list (connect the device)

and i have tried by disconnecting the battery and pressing the power button on the board it some times help in displaying the device in device list but all the points above (1-4) are not getting fixed.

what should i do??

i am attaching the photos so that it can be more clearer and also the video of application

0690X00000BxB5nQAF.jpg

Pgarg.11
Associate II

is there any way to get data log on sd card from this pack because as far as tried so many times by flashing the binary but nothing is found to be saved.

Refer from page number to 30 to 35 (https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/07/b5/b8/14/b8/5e/42/21/DM00568147/files/DM00568147.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00568147.pdf)

that's exactly i am doing but i am unable to getting the log of data.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Pgarg.1​ , you can find here a tutorial for the Pro Mode usage of the SensorTile.box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SHY-jzcRNY