cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have a question about the datasheet of LSM303DLHC.

PFeng.1
Associate

According to the explanation of register CRA_REG_M, the highest of "Minimum data output rate" is 220 Hz. Dose it mean that it can output data in a speed more than 220 Hz when the value of CRA_REG_M is 00011100 ? Look forward to your reply.

#lsm303dlhc #datasheet #speed of output data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @PFeng.1​ ,

the "Minimum data output rate" refers to the minimal rate the data should be read to not lose any sample, you could read faster than that, but the sensor would provide duplicate samples.

So, the answer to your question is: no, the maximum data rate provided by the sensor is 220 Hz.

Are you working on an application where you need a higher Output Data Rate?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @PFeng.1​ ,

the "Minimum data output rate" refers to the minimal rate the data should be read to not lose any sample, you could read faster than that, but the sensor would provide duplicate samples.

So, the answer to your question is: no, the maximum data rate provided by the sensor is 220 Hz.

Are you working on an application where you need a higher Output Data Rate?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

@PFeng.1​ , as a side note of what @niccolo.ruffini​ already answered you, please consider that the 220Hz max "minimum" ODR is related to the magnetic sensor only, while the accelerometer can go faster (up to 1.344 kHz in Normal mode), as reported in the device datasheet p. 25. The magnetic sensor ODR is limited due to the fact that for the target application of the device (typically, e-Compass app), the magnetic field is slowly varying with respect to the acceleration vector. Regards

PFeng.1
Associate

@niccolo.ruffini​ ,thanks for your answer. I really learned a lot.

As for your question about an application with a higher Output Data Rate, I will say yes. And I have already found a kind of IC with a higher rate. Thanks!

Also,@Eleon BORLINI​ , thanks for your introduction.