cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEAD-RECKONING MODULES (GPS + IMU(sensor fusion))

Snagu.11
Associate II

Hi Team,

Am presently looking for GPS + IMU (sensor fusion) module in STM, what is the best GPS + IMU module and why ? Is sensor fusion algorithm is used in IMU module, if not which algorithm is used in that module, please suggest me best Dead reckoning module ASAP and provide me with required documents.

Thanks&regards,

N,Suraj. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snagu.1​ ,

there is the Teseo-VIC3D that is a dead-reckoning Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) standalone module, even if under evaluation.

Some documentation here:

AN5678 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA - installation and calibration

UM2832 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA hardware instructions

UM2791 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA software instructions

Alternatively, the Teseo-LIV3F is already available but I think it doesn't implement the dead dead-reckoning algorithm.

Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snagu.1​ ,

there is the Teseo-VIC3D that is a dead-reckoning Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) standalone module, even if under evaluation.

Some documentation here:

AN5678 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA - installation and calibration

UM2832 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA hardware instructions

UM2791 Teseo-VIC3D and Teseo-VIC3DA software instructions

Alternatively, the Teseo-LIV3F is already available but I think it doesn't implement the dead dead-reckoning algorithm.

Eleon

Snagu.11
Associate II

Hi @Snagu.1​ 

How can we verify that in IMU sensor fusion algorithm is present/not, Is there any procedure or mentioned in any documents you provided above

we need a sensor fusion algorithm inbuilt in IMU + GPS module(any),

please provide me with necessary details regarding sensor fusion algorithm, and then GPS module so that it could be helpful further..

Thanks&regards

N,Suraj.

Snagu.11
Associate II

Hi @SNAGU.1​ 

Thanks for reply,

We want to use ST based DR module either Teseo-VIC3D/VIC3DA, which is the best among 2 DR modules

1.What are the main difference between Teseo-VIC3D/VIC3DA ?

2.We want to buy these DR modules from ST, but it is under evaluation, Is it available to buy the module now ?

Please provide me details for further approach & availability of module ASAP..

Thanks & regards

N,Suraj

Hi @Snagu.1​ ,

the sensor fusion used should be similar to the MotionFX one, described in these two documents:

-Eleon

Hi @Snagu.1​ ,

1.What are the main difference between Teseo-VIC3D/VIC3DA ?

The difference is that the VIC3DA part number is AEC-Q100 qualification on going, so it will be automotive graded being submitted to specific automotive tests.

2.We want to buy these DR modules from ST, but it is under evaluation, Is it available to buy the module now ?

I suggest you to contact Sales offices and representatives from this link, they will help you better than me about this point ;)

-Eleon