cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX address configuration added to linux driver fork

Poleshift
Associate II

Hi. I've amended the linux driver for the VL53L5CX with better support for multi-sensor installations, with the I2C address set by the kernel module at initialization, address given by the device tree. ST feel free to add to the official driver, as the SATEL breakout boards are sold in pairs 😉.

martinpalsson/vl53l5cx-linux-driver: A fork of the official VL53L5CX linux driver from ST Microelectronics (github.com)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Thank you for posting this. Very well thought out. I'm impressed.

If anyone needs multiple VL53L5 sensors on a Linux machine, this is how to do it. 

(I cannot 'accept as solution' to your original post, so I am going to sing your praises and mark this as the solution.)

- john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Thank you for posting this. Very well thought out. I'm impressed.

If anyone needs multiple VL53L5 sensors on a Linux machine, this is how to do it. 

(I cannot 'accept as solution' to your original post, so I am going to sing your praises and mark this as the solution.)

- john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.