cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L0X registers description

AThom.10
Associate

Hi.

I appreciate your effort to make implementation easier with API for this sensor.

But do you have just normal documentation with device registers description like documentation for MCU or any other sensor ?

Is initialization and data polling process flow so complex that it absolutely need API ?

It is possible to get it form API source code but it require much extra work.

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Our sensors are quite complex : the configuration includes timing settings among other things that can not be done by access to registers only. That's teh reason why ST is not proposing anything else that the API.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi.

For now I successfully include and run sensor API in my project on the STM32F030K6. Code size of just simple initialization and single measurements in the loop is more than another project that works in three different protocol over RS-485 and works with 1-Wire and I2C sensor overall. 

In the general for me api just write magic numbers in the magic registers that do some magic. I can only pray to the gods that this sensor will work in the customer device... at least with not to much fails. I place power supply switch circuit in my pcb because I don't know what expect from this sensor.

For now I try to do something with magic behaviour when sensor return me zero range with RangeStatus=0 (No Error) and have absolutely no idea what may be wrong.

I don't know is it really more complex than microcontroller STM32 itself because last have apropiate datasheet but I think that it is not.