cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Mylyn on STM32CubeIDE

RDrum.1
Associate III

Has anyone had any luck getting this running? I'm on a Win10 PC, using Cube 1.7.0 & installed Mylyn 3.23 (both latest). It looks like it installs ok, but there is no View Menu entry that I can find to access the views.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quick update: The recent 1.13 update seems to work normally- thanks to all involved.

Note: Don't forget to re-install Mylyn after a fresh install of STM32CubeIDE :p

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

I haven't used mylyn myself so I'm not sure how one would access it after the installation.

Hopefully there are more experienced mylyn users in the CubeIDE community that could provide more information. If not, I would recommend reading through the mylyn user guide.

RDrum.1
Associate III

Thanks Markus. I have looked through there already and didn't get a resolution, so I came here. I suppose what I'd like to know is how far from 'standard' Eclipse that CubeIDE is, ie, can I expect plugins to work identically to standard Eclipse? If not, then this issue reset with ST, not Mylyn. If it should be basically a standard release, then the issue may be with Eclipse/Mylyn and I'd be querying those forums.

I'm not seeing Task List in the Quick Actions list; I wonder if FreeRTOS Task List is obscuring it? Just a theory.

0693W00000GYmlMQAT.jpgOn vanilla Eclipse it looks like this:

0693W00000GYmmFQAT.jpgThis is the installation I'm using.

0693W00000GYmlvQAD.jpgI'm a bit surprised nobody is using Mylyn, because it's quite fantastic in terms of keeping focused on software tasks. I recommend giving it a go.

Cheers

RDrum.1
Associate III

I have not resolved this yet but using the Eclipse .log file I have been able to find more info, and links to others who have also encountered this. e.g.,

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=569078

Seems to be some dependency conflict with com.sun.xml.bind 2.2.0 vs 2.3.3

If I get a workaround I'll post, otherwise please someone help out here; I'm hacking into things I am not familiar with.

Jaroslaw Hill
Associate II

Hello,

I was using it in STM32CubeIDE 1.6.0 and was working as expected.

I am using it on the same computer with other Eclipse (2020-12) successfully.

Since version STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 (up to 1.9.0) it has stopped working at all.

Cheers

I can provide my error log

!ENTRY org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.mylyn 4 0 2022-04-11 10:51:16.063

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.mylyn [436]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui; bundle-version="[3.0.0,4.2.0)"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui; bundle-version="3.25.2.v20200814-0512"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui [429]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed; bundle-version="1.0.0"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed; bundle-version="1.17.2.v20200813-0821"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed [414]

No resolution report for the bundle. Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.mylyn.team.ui; bundle-version="[3.0.0,4.2.0)"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.mylyn.team.ui; bundle-version="3.25.2.v20200828-1617"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.mylyn.team.ui [430]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui; bundle-version="[3.8.0,4.0.0)"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui; bundle-version="3.25.2.v20200814-0512"; singleton:="true"

Bundle was not resolved because of a uses constraint violation.

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.17.2.v20200813-0821"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'javax.xml.bind' from resources javax.xml.bind [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="javax.xml.bind"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.2.0.v201105210648"] and jakarta.xml.bind [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.3.v20201118-1818"; osgi.identity="jakarta.xml.bind"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:

org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.17.2.v20200813-0821"; singleton:="true"]

require: (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=javax.xml.bind)(bundle-version>=2.2.0))

|

provide: osgi.wiring.bundle: javax.xml.bind

javax.xml.bind [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="javax.xml.bind"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.2.0.v201105210648"]

Chain 2:

org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.notifications.feed"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.17.2.v20200813-0821"; singleton:="true"]

require: (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=com.sun.xml.bind)(bundle-version>=2.2.0))

|

provide: osgi.wiring.bundle; bundle-version:Version="2.3.3.v20201118-1818"; osgi.wiring.bundle="com.sun.xml.bind"

com.sun.xml.bind [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.3.v20201118-1818"; osgi.identity="com.sun.xml.bind"]

import: (&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.xml.bind)(&(version>=2.3.3)(!(version>=2.3.4))))

|

export: osgi.wiring.package: javax.xml.bind

jakarta.xml.bind [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.3.v20201118-1818"; osgi.identity="jakarta.xml.bind"]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.lambda$1(ModuleContainer.java:1834)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1829)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1775)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1739)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1661)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:228)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:339)

Jaroslaw Hill
Associate II

Hello,

finally I found the solution and get it working on version STM32CubeIDE 1.11.2

./stm32cubeide -consoleLog -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/2020-12 -installIUs com.sun.xml.bind/2.2.0.v20201118-1845

I found it on

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1106342/

and

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=569078#c4

Cheers

RDrum.1
Associate III

Thanks for this Jaroslaw Hill, that worked for me! Perhaps we can convince the ST gurus to manage some work-around for the next installer so this sort of cludge isn't required.

Also, now it wants to do a "Old JAXB Runtime" update, view the "Available Updates" dialog; I presume that's NOT something I want; can you please confirm that?

Cheers

Good to hear that works for someone else. Don't install update, Mylyn will stop working after updatng. Cheers​

Quick update: The recent 1.13 update seems to work normally- thanks to all involved.

Note: Don't forget to re-install Mylyn after a fresh install of STM32CubeIDE :p