cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem in Building SBSFU projects

Roshan
Associate III

I went through the MOOC part 6 and I thought of creating a new project for Nucleo -L476RG (from the scratch), I Created a new code using CubeMX (Use same pins ands USART) and followed the same steps as video 2,4 as describes. but once I use FLASH_SBSFU.xxxxxxx .bat it will end less than 1s and .sfb file is not generating. All the paths also created in the .bat file. Please can anyone help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eugene G
Associate II

I tripped up a lot on this part as well.

Importantly, follow the project paths exactly as in the MOOC. The create your own project in the L4 folder, attachment shows where I created my own version of SimpleApp. Edit the batch files to point to your own project. I found that if my batch file paths or filenames were wrong, they would not run properly.

By working this way, I managed to get things working in a similar method as in the video.

For erasing and programming the device, I did not use the batch files. I used cube programmer and did a full chip erase and programmed the .bin file. Subsequent updates could be done with the .sfb file via the UART.

I only use the PostbuildSimpleApp batch file (Edited to point to my project) to create the .bin & .sfb file prior to programming.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eugene G
Associate II

I tripped up a lot on this part as well.

Importantly, follow the project paths exactly as in the MOOC. The create your own project in the L4 folder, attachment shows where I created my own version of SimpleApp. Edit the batch files to point to your own project. I found that if my batch file paths or filenames were wrong, they would not run properly.

By working this way, I managed to get things working in a similar method as in the video.

For erasing and programming the device, I did not use the batch files. I used cube programmer and did a full chip erase and programmed the .bin file. Subsequent updates could be done with the .sfb file via the UART.

I only use the PostbuildSimpleApp batch file (Edited to point to my project) to create the .bin & .sfb file prior to programming.

Thanks it worked.

Roshan
Associate III

@Eugene G​  I have Some problems, the .bin file is large in size and once I loaded the project into Cube programmer it will give "Operation exceeds memory limits" so did you receive this kind of problem?

You need to optimize your project for size and trim off any code that is not needed for your release version. In mine I removed all the printf that I used for debug messages. Project became 2/3 the size.

@Eugene G​ Thanks, have you ported the sbsfu code to the custom board, if you have can you please tell me where did you change the button configuration. I changed app_hw and main.h configurations but it keep restart and ask me to upload the .sfb file from the ymodem protocol.

Hope I'm remembering this correctly. As my board was based on the F4:

1) Edited stm3f413h_discovery.c and hardcoded BUTTON_PORT and BUTTON_PIN to match the port & pin I'm using.

2) Edited app_hw.h to invert the logic of BUTTON_PUSHED as my bor user an inverted logic for the button (pull down when button pressed)