cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not run stm32f7 and H7 MCU's at sampling rate of 1.5 clock cycles. I know I am wrong I have to increase the sampling time depending upon the number of channels I use, but with a single channel the MCU supposed to work with 1.5 clock cycles.

anklabs
Associate

As far as I understand the sample type options available in Cube MX simply waits for the number of clock cycles after the completion current conversion. In STM32h745 the sampling rate is as low as 1.5 clock cycles but I do understand the its the wait time after which the next conversion to start in polling method 1.5 clock cycle works fine but I am sure I can not accomplish highest sampling rate from that.

But when I did the same thing by making use of Interrupt and DMA the STM just stops working even in debugger mode the same issues is followed.

Is STM bluffing about there High speed ADC if not then why I am unable to use 1.5 clock cycle settings. As far as I understand the the ADC generates more interrupt frequently and this makes very hard when other programs are running along with ADC. I remember one of my program works only when the sampling time is greater than 64.5 clock cycles I thing I was using 8 channels from one ADC module.

0 REPLIES 0