cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all, can I interface ST25RU3993 with esp32(wifi module) ,,so that the scanned data is sent to our website via wifi.

AYeol.1
Associate

In my project,, ​the tags need to be scanned and sent to our created website,, the data needs to get sent via LAN or wifi using LAN module and esp 32.

​Our code is written on Arduino IDE.

My question is that,, can this reader (ST25RU3993) be interfaced with my system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello AYeol.1

the ST25RU3993 is an UHF Reader IC and its communication-interface is SPI. The ST25RU3993 evaluation board (EVAL and HPEV) run an STM32L4 MCU to control the UHF IC. The STM32L4 MCU does not offer LAN as communication interface. There are STM32 MCUs or others that offer LAN/BT/Wifi/.. If is you want to forward UHF communication data over such interface the ST25RU3993 IC must be connected to such an MCU. ST offers the schematics of the evaluation boards and also the FW running on the board to make it easy to exchange the MCU.

BR

Nick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello AYeol.1

the ST25RU3993 is an UHF Reader IC and its communication-interface is SPI. The ST25RU3993 evaluation board (EVAL and HPEV) run an STM32L4 MCU to control the UHF IC. The STM32L4 MCU does not offer LAN as communication interface. There are STM32 MCUs or others that offer LAN/BT/Wifi/.. If is you want to forward UHF communication data over such interface the ST25RU3993 IC must be connected to such an MCU. ST offers the schematics of the evaluation boards and also the FW running on the board to make it easy to exchange the MCU.

BR

Nick