cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the maximum sampling frequency of ADC? STM32H742

EEtxe.1
Associate II

I am trying to configure STM32H742 to convert 3 different input channels (3, 5, 16) in an ADC (1) .

I have achieved to convert just one channel with a sampling frequency of 1MHz, seeing that 1 million samples are converted per second. But when I add new inputs to convert I can not see that the converted sampled are scaling correctly. I am wondering that it may be an ADC limitation for the sampling frequencies.

So which is the maximum sampling frequency of the ADC 1? I can not find it on the reference manual.

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen GH
ST Employee

​Hello @EEtxe.1​ ,

I recommend you to have a look to Application Note AN5354 "Getting started with the STM32H7 Series MCU 16-bit ADC".

Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen GH
ST Employee

​Hello @EEtxe.1​ ,

I recommend you to have a look to Application Note AN5354 "Getting started with the STM32H7 Series MCU 16-bit ADC".

Imen

Hello @Imen GH​ , first of all thank you for your answer, it was very helpful.

But I have a new doubt now that I am having a look to the Application Note and the Reference Manual. Are the 6 fast channels preconfigured by default as fast or I need to configure them as fast? If I have to configure them how can I do it or where can I have a look at how is it done?

Reference manual says:

Up to 20 analog input channels (x = ADC number= 1 to 3):

– ADCx_INP[0:5] fast channels

– ADCx_INP[6:19] slow channels

But I use package LQFP100, and the Application Note says that there are 3 fast channels.

Thank you.