cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get TF-A and bootloader logs on STlink usb with STM32MP1

Hello Community

Hope, all are doing well

I'm dealing with the BSP development with STM32MP157a-dk1 board (as my intent is the design the bsp for my own custom board )

For the instance, I'm intended to go from top to bottom of the Flash layout for the SDcard boot

That's why I'm following the bsp development tutorial from here

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-STM32MP1-Bring-up-procedure

Very first, i need to customize the TF-A for my own board

For the simplicity, I'm taking the reference of the DK1 board only

To get the very initial UART logs from the TF-A, i have just flashed the SD card with the default TF-A provided with the starter packages using Cube programmer

I've just added the stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.tsv file and gave the path of the binary file for the same

On IDE GUI , I've just check mark for the ID (0x01) i.e fsbl1-boot

both boot pin of the board at boot-loader mode

And then, successfully downloaded the tf-a with SDcard

Now, my problem is i'm unable to get the very initial UART logs on stlink USB of the dk1 board!

(I guess, Cube programmer unable to flash the SDcard properly, because of the missing partition 0x03 ! )

Here, I've attached the screenshot of the IDE

0693W000008yjREQAY.png 

Then after, I have also added check mark for the partition 0x03 (ssbl-boot)

0693W000008yjROQAY.png 

And, Finally i got the bootloags for the first time only (In boot mode when the boot2 & boot0 pin at the boot mode!!!)

0693W000008yjSCQAY.png 

Where, as in normal operating mode (by keeping boot0 &boot2 pin down size), I'm getting nothing!

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hi.. community

Can i expact the right suggestions for the same ?

Thanks

PatrickF
ST Employee

Partitions #0x1 and #0x3 are loaded in RAM (not flashed) and are used to Flash the remaining partitions.

I think you should also read https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let's_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image#Populate_the_SDCard

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.