cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to drive TouchGFX App without pressing any button?

Emark.11
Associate

I have developed a device able to measure acceleration, so I essentialy have a GUI with a "start", "stop" buttons and also a text buffer showing the result of the last measurement.

When I press the start button, a measurment starts and it keeps going untill I press the stop button.

However, I would now like to make repeated measurements as follows, without having to touch the screen myself:

Press Start button 

for (i = 1, i < 31, i++) // Repeat 30 times

{

if ( collected_samples >= some_value )

Press Stop button

else 

Keep collecting samples

}

I tried calling the EndCallback functions from main.c and altough I was succesful in stopping the measurement, the GUI Freezes (No HardFault or anyting like that). The GUI simply becomes irresponsive.

Therefore, I was wondering if there is another way of interacting with the GUI without actually touching the display. For example, maybe each button is linked to a boolean value or some other variable that I can alter from the code (in order to simulate an interaction with the GUI)

The brooks brothers trailers

2 REPLIES 2
Piranha
Chief II
richieadam
Associate

I tried calling the EndCallback functions from main.c and altough I was succesful in stopping the measurement, the GUI Freezes (No HardFault or anyting like that). The GUI simply becomes irresponsive.

Therefore, I was wondering if there is another way of interacting with the GUI without actually touching the display. For example, maybe each button is linked to a boolean value or some other variable that I can alter from the code (in order to simulate an interaction with the GUI.

Ornament Central