cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating UI template

Ezgi
Senior

Is it possible to create an UI template just like examples of TouchGFX Designer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

It is actually possible to create a UI template. For this you have to follow the same steps as for creating an application template as explained in the corresponding article. When you will edit the JSON file, you will need to edit the TAG section and write "TGUI" instead of "TGAT" in order to be able to see it in Designer in the "UI template" section.

I have discovered an issue recently with creating application templates with the latest TouchGFX versions. You will need to use TouchGFX Environment 4.14 (or 4.13) instead until this is fixed.

Otherwise the solution Alexandre gave is very easy and quicker to do as well 😅

/Romain

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Ezgi,

From what I know it's not possible.

But in any case, if what you want is reusing a UI, this is really easy.

When you have the Designer opened inside a project, simply click Edit -> Import GUI -> Browse

Select the .touchgfx file of your "UI Template" and the UI will be automatically imported in your current project. I often do that and it's very convenient.

/Alexandre

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

It is actually possible to create a UI template. For this you have to follow the same steps as for creating an application template as explained in the corresponding article. When you will edit the JSON file, you will need to edit the TAG section and write "TGUI" instead of "TGAT" in order to be able to see it in Designer in the "UI template" section.

I have discovered an issue recently with creating application templates with the latest TouchGFX versions. You will need to use TouchGFX Environment 4.14 (or 4.13) instead until this is fixed.

Otherwise the solution Alexandre gave is very easy and quicker to do as well 😅

/Romain

Hi,

I did it as you said and it worked. Thank you.

Perfect 👍