cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GFX01M1: Can this be used with Nucleo-64's Other Than The NUCLEO-G070RB

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi,

I use the Nucleo-64 F411RE a lot. Has anyone ported the GFX01M1 display to the F4 Nucleo's board?

I tried, following the TouchGFX documentation, but I found it too general and didn't get very far. I did the CubeMX part and got all the I/O sorted, but wasn't sure what to do next.

Is ST going to add the other Nucleo-64 boards to the TouchGFX designer platforms?

Th NUCLEO-G070RB is OK, but I use the Nucleos for realtime floating point stuff so I need an FPU and a bit more RAM.

5 REPLIES 5
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Garnett.Robert,

No, having the other Nucleo boards supporting GFX01M1 is not in our plans.

Porting it, should be fairly easy since almost the entire code of the G0 can be reused. Simply changing the pins accordingly (if necessary) should be the only thing you need to do (drivers and TouchGFX_HAL are the exact same).

/Alexandre

Hi @Alexandre RENOUX​ ,

> No, having the other Nucleo boards supporting GFX01M1 is not in our plans.

I don't get it. Isn't it the very purpose of devboards to provide a known-good solution, a fixed point from which the user can then start its own development?

> Porting it, should be fairly easy

Then, it make even less sense for ST not to provide a ready-made known-working example. Heck, while doing that, a porting appnote could also be produced as a side-effect.

Alternatively, you should consider removing the "compatibility" claim from that board's website, and from the UM. Oh yes, "legally" it's true, but are we talking legalese here, or engineering?

My 2 eurocents.

JW

I'll just chip in to say that it is actually in our plans but not in the near future 😅.

And like Alexandre said it should be fairly easy to port it. Have a look at the documentation to understand how to do this. There are also some guides and videos made by other users available which could help you in this process.

/Romain

Hi,

Like I wrote it is in our plan. We try to support as many boards as we can. All the nucleo kits are not graphic oriented which is why they are not considered as vital for now.

The aim of TouchGFX is for people/compagnies to be able to develop their UI project. The ST development kits are tools to help in the first steps. We assure ST MCUs and dev kits handle TouchGFX, and not that all development kits have application templates available in TouchGFX Designer even if this is our dream and which will be the case in the future with more ressources/time.

/Romain

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @Community member​ ,

I'm sorry about the misinformation, I wasn't aware of it.

Unfortunately, as Romain mentioned, it's not going to be done in the very near future.

The reason is that due to limited resources on TouchGFX, some tasks/features need to be prioritized over others which can delay some requests.

I agree that an appnote could be also a possibility. Since it requires time, we need to schedule it accordingly.

Thank you for you comprehension,

/Alexandre