cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the past 2 week I am working with STM32H723 to send some data using ethernet but I am unable to ping my board even example programs not helping me.

anklabs
Associate

0693W000008ydOOQAY.jpg0693W000008ydOJQAY.jpgFor the past 4 months I have being working with STM32H7 and F7 MCU and I made few projects and I really love working with DMA and interrupts. But now I need to use ethernet and send some data using TCP/UDP protocol.

In STM32F767ZG ethernet works fine when I used it with MATLAB but while using CubeIDE and cubeMX I am unable to make ethernet work checked all jumpers and solder everything according to user manual.

glad to say Http server program worked fine to make that program work I had to do slight modifications to the files. but I am unable to go any further even if I try UDP / TCP program

no response unable to ping the device too.

After closely monitoring each and everything using wire shark I realized following

While using DHCP:

STM32F7 sends some DHCP discovery message with a length of 350 bytes may be ,

but still unable to acquire IP address I thing STM fails to perform further handshakes or protocols which might to necessary to acquire an IP address from router.

While using Static IP:

results were same but this time ARP protocol comes in play broadcasting the message announcing for 192.168.16.2(static IP).

my program was trying to send data using UDP protocol so again ARP tries to locate my PC(IP-192.168.16.45) and my computer actively responds to the request by sending its MAC address to STM.

but after this I am unable to record any packets transfer.

but my PC-NIC card manages to store data that ip:192.168.16.2 device is present in the network when i use command "arp -a" in my command prompt but still unable to ping

after seeing this I concluded myself that may be STM got some trouble receiving data.

In STM32H723 I digged even more deeper and came to know I have to use MPU, ethernet DMA not capable of working with D1 domain RAM and a lot of stuff but the problem is I can not find best tutorials anywhere to solve my problem no matter what ever I try I get failure.

when ever I try to use MPU I end up causing hard fault and entering error handler function I am doing everything correctly as per my knowledge and also did few things using external tutorials but still unable to fix this issue

last but not the least pdf file page number 28 to verify the jumpers of ethernet but I feel sorry to say that I can hardly find 3-40693W000008ydPRQAY.jpg jumpers remaining jumpers is not present in my board and i also double checked that I am working with STM32H7 series board.

kindly help me with this issue I can not proceed further without your help.

help me find the correct solder jumper state for STM32H723 board

Better working program code for MPU, Free RTOS, ethernet TCP,UDP program

also I had some issue using FMAC with DMA and DSP library with H7 boards

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Community member​,

The board's MAC address seems fishy (ends with 00:00:00). Could you provide how you did the initialization?

Otherwise, the MPU should not have any functional interaction with ethernet.

BeST Regards,

Walid