cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC read & write command code format from ST25 app to M24LR-DISCOVERY.

PRamu.1
Associate

we recently bought a M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit.I can able to write and read using ST25 app.For our application we have to develop our our own app. For that i need NFC read & write command code format from ST25 app to M24LR-DISCOVERY.

When i try to write "hi" to M24LR04E using ISO15693 & NDEF message i get

E1 40 40 01 03 00 D1 01 05 54 02 65 6E 68 69 FE - so what is the meaning of all these bytes?

I just want to write M24LR04E tag & read from M24LR04E tag via NFC. Anybody please help me this command code format. Plz reply me as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

For Android application you can get the executable and source code on st.com : https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25001.html

We have developed an ST25SDK to handle and give an abstraction layer to all low level cmds needed and used on NFC side. The ST25SDK kit is available on  https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25sdk001.html   and provides a simple Android application that detects Tags. Managing both full android app and the simple app from ST25SDK, you can build your own app and address full features and cmds. Concerning your question about Tag version, I do not catch the request but all informations about the Tag are displayed in the full application on Tag info tab and System file tab, corresponding cmds sent can be found on code provided. Launching app from Android studio in debug mode, you can see the cmd sent in logcat….

Hope these links will help to clarify your needs on Android side.

Rgds

FB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

E1 40 40 01 is the Capability Container (aka CC) to be used for NDEF formatted tags

03 is the T-value for a NDEF TLV field

00 is the L-value of the NDEF TLV field (strange to have 0 here...)

D1 01 05 54 02 65 6E 68 69 is the content of the NDEF as defined by the NFC forum. You can retrieve your "hi" text in the (68 69) bytes

FE is the terminator TLV

If you simply want to read or write raw data (i.e. non NDEF data) in your tag, you can simply use ISO15693 READ SINGLE BLOCK and WRITE SINGLE BLOCK commands

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PRamu.1
Associate

Hi Brian TIDAL,

Thanks for your immediate response.It's really helpful for me.

Can you please suggest any links or provide me exact command format for NDEF READ & WRITE and also ISO15693 READ SINGLE BLOCK and WRITE SINGLE BLOCK commands for raw read & write data? For getting Tag version Which command is send from Android app to M24LR04E tag ? We need to store lot of valve parameters into the tag . So how do i write some data to M24LR04E tag & read from M24LR04E tag using our own app (via NFC). Plz reply me as soon as possible.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

The READ SINGLE BLOCK and WRITE SINGLE BLOCK commands are described in the M24LR04E datasheet. The NDEF Read and Write procedures are described in the NFC Forum Tag Type specifications The NDEF format is described in the NFC Forum NFC Data Exchange Format technical specification. See also Introducing NDEF on oreilly.com which provides a very good level of information.

For your Android questions, I will let one of our Android experts answer. You can also have a look to our ST25 Android™ NFC tap application.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

For Android application you can get the executable and source code on st.com : https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25001.html

We have developed an ST25SDK to handle and give an abstraction layer to all low level cmds needed and used on NFC side. The ST25SDK kit is available on  https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25sdk001.html   and provides a simple Android application that detects Tags. Managing both full android app and the simple app from ST25SDK, you can build your own app and address full features and cmds. Concerning your question about Tag version, I do not catch the request but all informations about the Tag are displayed in the full application on Tag info tab and System file tab, corresponding cmds sent can be found on code provided. Launching app from Android studio in debug mode, you can see the cmd sent in logcat….

Hope these links will help to clarify your needs on Android side.

Rgds

FB