cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor-RF 802.15.4 RF test mode

dimax
Senior

Hello.

I have a STM32 Nucleo board and a USB dongle. What Stack and FW should be programmed to use STM32CubeMonitor-RF 802.15.4 RF test mode described in chapter 5 of the UM2288?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello @dimax​ 

The information about the connection and the firmware to use are grouped in the chapter 2.2 :

On Nucleo board :

For 802.15.4 RF tests, the Phy_802_15_4_Cli source is available in the STM32CubeWB Firmware Package (Refer to the folder

\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Phy_802_15_4\Phy_802_15_4_Cli).

The wireless stack firmware stm32wb5x_Phy_802_15_4_fw.bin is available in \Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries

For USB dongle :

It is more tricky as there is no ST-LINK on the dongle and no VCP firmware (see chapter 2.2.2). So you need to connect with a serial cable (usb to 3.3v serial) :

• Use the same binary as the Nucleo
  • Move solder bridge SB2 to SB6 (connection of PB7 to CN2.7).
  • Connect the serial cable to PB7 (PC Tx) and PB6 (PC Rx) (PB7 is CN2.7 and PB6 on CN2.6).

Stephane

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dimax
Senior

Hello.

Is there any other place I should/can ask this question?

I really need to get an answer ASAP to go on with a module evaluation. It seams to be a very basic question considering that there is a whole chapter in STM32CubeMonitor-RF user manual related to 802.15.4 test mode. Somehow they did it?

Thanks.

Hi @dimax​ ,

I added relevant topic #STM32CubeMonitor​  to your post so that it can be reviewed by STM32CubeMonitor experts (@stephane.legargeant​ ).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

dimax
Senior

Thanks.

Patiently waiting for their answer.

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello @dimax​ 

The information about the connection and the firmware to use are grouped in the chapter 2.2 :

On Nucleo board :

For 802.15.4 RF tests, the Phy_802_15_4_Cli source is available in the STM32CubeWB Firmware Package (Refer to the folder

\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Phy_802_15_4\Phy_802_15_4_Cli).

The wireless stack firmware stm32wb5x_Phy_802_15_4_fw.bin is available in \Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries

For USB dongle :

It is more tricky as there is no ST-LINK on the dongle and no VCP firmware (see chapter 2.2.2). So you need to connect with a serial cable (usb to 3.3v serial) :

• Use the same binary as the Nucleo
  • Move solder bridge SB2 to SB6 (connection of PB7 to CN2.7).
  • Connect the serial cable to PB7 (PC Tx) and PB6 (PC Rx) (PB7 is CN2.7 and PB6 on CN2.6).

Stephane