cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the timer in LSM6DSO IMU FIFO

BDiva.1
Associate II

Why did you guys remove the feature of resetting the timer for LSM6DSO IMU? It was available in LSM6DS3 by setting AAh in TIMESTAMP2_REG (42h).

How do we reset the timestamp value in FIFO (LSM6DSO chip)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @BDiva.1​ ,

I think that this practice is not mentioned on the datasheet, but it is in the application note ( https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00517282-lsm6dso-alwayson-3d-accelerometer-and-3d-gyroscope-stmicroelectronics.pdf ) on page 63.

In case you tried and it did not work you could solve this problem by saving the timestamp in a variable at the moment you want to reset it.

Then you should compute the difference with the timestamp you want to see to get the difference.

this will be exactly like resetting the timestamp register.

Let me know if this helps.

Niccolò

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @BDiva.1​ ,

I think that this practice is not mentioned on the datasheet, but it is in the application note ( https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00517282-lsm6dso-alwayson-3d-accelerometer-and-3d-gyroscope-stmicroelectronics.pdf ) on page 63.

In case you tried and it did not work you could solve this problem by saving the timestamp in a variable at the moment you want to reset it.

Then you should compute the difference with the timestamp you want to see to get the difference.

this will be exactly like resetting the timestamp register.

Let me know if this helps.

Niccolò

BDiva.1
Associate II

Great! Just wondering why this was removed from the datasheet - it was there for LSM6DS3. Anyway, thanks, this helps.

Hi @BDiva.1​ ,

I think that the idea was to separate the specific use cases (and exceptions) of registers and the general data.

that could be a useful info to include in the datasheet, but there are plenty more info in the application note about specific registers and functions, that cannot be tackled in the datasheet to stay concise.