cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolchain version control

Dfarr.1
Senior

I'm working on a project that requires very strict control of the toolchain itself. We must specify exact versions of toolchain components as part of our documentation and production process.

The problem I'm having is we started work at Stm cube ide 1.4.0, which was later patched to 1.4.2. My team updated their installs through the IDE's integrated update service. But now I need to bring a few new development PC's online with identical toolchains. I can download 1.4.0 from the website, but I cannot find this patch anywhere.

Is this patch available for download? Is it on a server somewhere? How long is it guaranteed to remain accessible?

If I can't get this patch as a download, what would you recommend for an application like mine where strict control of the toolchain version must be maintained for a long time (potentially *decades*). Should I stick to downloadable major releases only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi @Dfarr.1​ ,

We have a commitment to deliver "full installers" for all future CubeIDE releases.

• Previously (pre-1.5.x) we only provided full installers for major releases (1.3.0, 1.4.0, ...).
  • After 1.5.x we also provide full installers for minor/bug fix releases (1.5.1, 1.6.1).

So in the specific case of 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 only "P2" ONLY online patches are available and user has to rely on 1.4.0 full installer.

Is it possible to host the p2 patches on LAN? Well conceptually we should be able to do so as a zip-file. But we don't provide such zip-files today.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Have a look to https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00603964-stm32cubeide-installation-guide-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Consider Chapter 6: Update an STM32CubeIDE installation

Thanks, that answers the question of setting up my new development machines this time.

How long are these updates guaranteed to be available from the STM update server like this?

Can the update files from this server be stored offline and referenced (on a LAN for example) using a similar process be pointing eclipse at a LAN server rather than the STM updatesite1 server?

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi @Dfarr.1​ ,

We have a commitment to deliver "full installers" for all future CubeIDE releases.

• Previously (pre-1.5.x) we only provided full installers for major releases (1.3.0, 1.4.0, ...).
  • After 1.5.x we also provide full installers for minor/bug fix releases (1.5.1, 1.6.1).

So in the specific case of 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 only "P2" ONLY online patches are available and user has to rely on 1.4.0 full installer.

Is it possible to host the p2 patches on LAN? Well conceptually we should be able to do so as a zip-file. But we don't provide such zip-files today.