cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7, AZURE NetX and MII mode with KSZ8081

TVuck.1
Associate II

My processor board uses STM32H743V. The Ethernet chip is KSZ8081, MII mode. I also use AZURE RTOS and NetX. I tried using CubeMX to generate an application, but it always gives me some error when I compile the program. I tried different combinations, but no way to solve the problem. Does anyone know how to set up CubeMX and Azure NetX in MII mode? Does anyone have an example?

9 REPLIES 9
Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi @TVuck.1​ ,

could you please share more details please.

• what kind of errors are you facing?
  • how did you generate the project using MX (ideally share the .ioc file).
  • do you have a ready to use driver for the KSZ8081?

regards

Haithem.

Hello Haithem I build simple test project.* IOC file is attached.* When I compiled it, project returned error. [image: image.png] In picture below is how I setup azure NetX interface. I tried different setting options, but the result is worse. [image: image.png] Best regards Teo Vuckovic pet, 2. tra 2021. u 08:08 ST Community napisao je:
Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi @TVuck.1​ 

the screenshots are not visible, or it is a problem in my browser?

regards

Haithem.

Did you open the IOC file? I sent it to you as an attachment. pet, 2. tra 2021. u 12:26 ST Community napisao je:

I'm sending you pictures and an IOC file again.

0693W000008yarDQAQ.png0693W000008yar8QAA.png 

Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi @TVuck.1​ ,

that's clear now 😊 !

IIUC, you want to use the NetXDuo Ethernet driver + KSZ8081 PHY interface

If it is the case then you'll need to select the "Ethernet interface" component instead of the "custom interface" and keep "Ethernet Phy Interface/Custom_Phy"

because the Ethernet Interface is Phy agnostic and it is common to all the STM32H7xx MCUs. The "Custom Inteface" is intended for writing a new driver for other interface than the Ethernet (WiFi, 3G modem...).

regards

haithem.

TVuck.1
Associate II

Hi Haithem

I changed the settings in the project, but I still can't compile the project. The project returns a lot of mistakes.

Project settings:

0693W000008yfwhQAA.png 

List of errors:

0693W000008yfwmQAA.png 

For example. See line 1 in file nx_custom_driver.c:

0693W000008yfwwQAA.png 

I send you a complete project generated by eclipse export in attachment. Ioc file and source files. Please, try to compile this project on yours computer.

Best regards

Teo

Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi,

This is a corner case that we are investgating. In the project settings you'll need to uncheck the "Generate under root" option as shown below.0693W000008ygbaQAA.png 

regards

Haithem.

TVuck.1
Associate II

It is impossible to unchek it. This part is blocked on my project. How to unblock this check box??

0693W000008ygkrQAA.png