cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMT32CubeMX Can-Setup STM32F446 Auto Retransmit Flag mismatch between Cube and generated code

GS1
Senior III

In CubeMX the name for the Automatic Retransmission of CAN-Messages is named:

"NO-AUTOMATIC Retransmission"and is set to "DISABLE"

When reading this I interpreted it as: Automatic Retransmission is done if set to DISABLE

In the generated code however the corresponding setting is:

hcan1.Init.AutoRetransmission = DISABLE;

Which leads to "no Automatic retransmission" and therefore to missing messages in case of high busload !!!

Please correct the wording in STMCubeMX so other users are not falling into the same problem.

BR GS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @GS@S​ ,

I advise you to update and use the latest release of STM32CubeMX v6.2.0 which contains the correct wording 

0693W000008yOaPQAU.jpg 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue.  This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @GS@S​ ,

Which CubeMx and Cube HAL release are you using ?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @GS@S​ ,

I advise you to update and use the latest release of STM32CubeMX v6.2.0 which contains the correct wording 

0693W000008yOaPQAU.jpg 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue.  This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

I am already using Version 6.2.0!

However the project was created with FW_F4 V1.24.1. The missing CAN messages were detected now after the project is released to customers already.

Ok, and after updating the HAL release FW_F4 V1.24.1 to V. 1.26.0 the wording now is correct.

I am always careful when changing to new releases of HAL, because I encounter too often that problems arise with new releases which I often can't see in the fist place...

Did not think the HAL release would change the behaviour of Cube Setup menu entries...

Thank you for the support.

... Ok, and now exactly the mentioned and feared scenario happened:

After updating my project to the latest release the USB Virtual COM port communication is no longer working ... USB is detected, but communication no longer possible. :\

Will switch back to the previous HAL release setup!