cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AlgoBuilder: Load design failed

jpo92
Associate II

Hello,

When I try to open a saved design I receive message "Load Design Failed!".

It was previously updated with AlgoBuilder v 2.8.0.4490.

Please find xml file

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Jean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louda.marian
Senior

Hello Jean,

thank you very much for your shared information.

If you open the xml file in text editor and look at line 1329 you will see the problem. There are one corrupted block and one correct block after the end of "Project" body. I deleted the corrupted block and copied the correct block back into "Project" body. Unfortunately it was the old one.

So if you will just delete both blocks you will see the same design as expected.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Marian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
louda.marian
Senior

Hello Jean,

the problem was that design xml file was corrupted.

Attached is design after manual reconstruction.

Please could you reply if fixed design looks as yours or if anything is missing.

Please could you help me to identify the reason of file corruption and share with me some more information. For example which operations were done during last session, if blocks were automatically updated to last version, if you did some undo/redo operations and so on.

Or if you could share original design, before editing. It could help as well.

Marian

jpo92
Associate II

Hello Marian,

Thank you for reconstruction, I open it without problem.

Could you, please, explain what kind of correction you made?

Manually in xml file? or you have way to open it nevertheless?

I do not remember the different operations exactly.

I join some design I found in my Git historical.

I don't have version before AlgoBuilder update.

In my memory, it's start with a warning during saving operation (don't remember the msg!).

But the open design was ok for modification and generation. So I leave it open!!

I don't remember if I make some 'undo', but I make some 'copy/paste' and some modification before '+ & -' by deleting a 'constant float' for use a 'input float' previously implented in the left with a 'value display'.

I see a residuel 'input float' connected to '+&-' and a new 'input float' not connected.

I join a png done with the last ok generated and saved (without msg) but not openable.

Thank you for you help.

Best Regards.

Jean

louda.marian
Senior

Hello Jean,

thank you very much for your shared information.

If you open the xml file in text editor and look at line 1329 you will see the problem. There are one corrupted block and one correct block after the end of "Project" body. I deleted the corrupted block and copied the correct block back into "Project" body. Unfortunately it was the old one.

So if you will just delete both blocks you will see the same design as expected.

Marian

jpo92
Associate II

Thank you very much Marian.

Best regards.

Jean