cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been following the instructions on the wiki to set up STM32CubeProgrammer on dk2. It appears I am missing port parameters. What is the correct command line?

SLetter
Associate III

I enter STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=/dev/bus/usb/010/003 (lsusb reports this is correct) -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/Flashlayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

udev drivers installed, Ubuntu 20.04

Warning: Wrong connect parameter:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi, just see that you mistyped the command, you miss the '-w'

should be : STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=USB1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

I agree that the error message is not helping.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ozone
Lead

Besides of documentation on the ST website ...

Did you try runtime help ?

I wouldn't expect a proper manpage from Windows-centered ST, but you can try with DOS/Windows standard "/?" as parameter.

SLetter
Associate III

im On Ubuntu 20.4 command line, as far as I know there is no help?

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

your 'port=' value is wrong, you should use first:

STM32_Programmer_CLI -l

to list available DFU interfaces.

Then use the 'Device Index' value in the command line, for instance:

STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=usb1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/Flashlayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

You could also use the CobeProgrammer GUI.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SLetter
Associate III

I tried that first like the instructions said. I got the very same error.

Warning: Wrong connect parameter: “flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/Flashlayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv�?

letter@steve-T7500:~/work/Starter-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5-4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/images/stm32mp1$ !1955

STM32_Programmer_CLI -l usb

-------------------------------------------------------------------

STM32CubeProgrammer v2.7.0                 

===== DFU Interface  =====

Total number of available STM32 device in DFU mode: 1

Device Index          : USB1

USB Bus Number        : 009

USB Address Number    : 004

Product ID            : DFU in HS Mode @Device ID /0x500, @Revision ID /0x0000

Serial number         : 0045002A3338510B39303435

Firmware version      : 0x0110

Device ID             : 0x0500

letter@steve-T7500:~/work/Starter-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5-4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/images/stm32mp1$ STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=USB1 flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

STM32CubeProgrammer v2.7.0                 

Warning: Wrong connect parameter: "flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv"

USB speed  : High Speed (480MBit/s)

Manuf. ID  : STMicroelectronics

Product ID : DFU in HS Mode @Device ID /0x500, @Revision ID /0x0000

SN         : 0045002A3338510B39303435

FW version : 0x0110

Device ID  : 0x0500

Device name : STM32MP1

Device type : MPU

Device CPU : Cortex-A7

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi, if "STM32_Programmer_CLI -l" :

• does not work, please check again your PC prerequisites (Btw, did you use a native Linux PC or a Virtual Machine ?).
  • show "No STM32 device in DFU mode connected", please check board setup and connection.

Regards.

SLetter
Associate III

Native Ubuntu 20.04. All prerequisites met, I can build the images, install them using the sdcard install script and have a working discovery board. I showed my results, I have a dfu mode device

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi, just see that you mistyped the command, you miss the '-w'

should be : STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=USB1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

I agree that the error message is not helping.

Regards.

Thanks, yes, that is the issue.