cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of a STM32G431CB for a Racerstar Brushles Motor

PLieb.1
Associate

Please help me out !!

I need to get the Configuration for a Brushless Motor for a Drone (Racerstar 2207S).

I got all the Motor Data and did the first configuration in the MotorControl Workbench 5.4.6. then Generat the files an opend it in the STM32CubeIDL. after that i did a download to the ESC. Now i got the Connection with the Motor Control Workbench.

When I conect the ESC and try to start, the Software shows me direct Over current without starting at all.

After that i was not sure if I got the Motor Parameters correct. To check that i tryied to the Motor Profiling with the Motor Profiler 5.4.6. After counting the Pole Pairs again (7), and max Current 32.6A I startet the Profiling. The Tool startet the measurment and the Motor startet spinning. that was realy exiting. but by passing around 80% it stops and showd a fault that the measurment is going to long.

When i tryied it again, the bord was getting so hot, with a max of 25Apk that one of de soldered motorwires got off.

now I'm a bit worry what i did wrong. I realy need to get it becaus of a Project for my Bachelor. I would be so thankfull for any helps or tips.

2 REPLIES 2
PLieb.1
Associate

After a while i now got the Motorprofiling work done. ut that only with the props on, and a much lower current than specified vrom the ESC.

Now I got a NEW PROBLEM:

I Can now Controll the Motors slowly up tto the final speed i Need to control with the MotorControl Workbench.

Now i tried to control them from my Pixhawk just with the min speed. But the ESC not even try to start controlled by PWM.

What could i have done wrong, that PWM is not function? Do i Need to Enable PWM somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help or some tips for me how to get this working?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...