cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE not flashing external memory

Fishmaster257
Associate III

Hello,

I am working on a Project mainly from my desktop PC, yet because I recently installed my board in a garden shed, I have to use my Laptop from now on if I dont want to take the board home again. For this purpose I simply copied my projectfolder from /.../TouchGFXProjects, to the same location on my laptop.

If I try flashing my STM32F469I-DISCO board from my laptop, somehow CubeIDE decides to not flash my external memory (QSPI). The result is a black screen instead of what I designed with TGFX.

This is what I get from the console using my PC:

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:

Erasing internal memory sectors [0 5]

Erasing memory corrseponding to segment 1:

Erasing external memory sectors [0 119]

Download in Progress:

This is what CubeIDE outputs ont the console using my laptop:

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:

Erasing internal memory sectors [0 5]

Erasing memory corrseponding to segment 1:

Download in Progress:

So to my understanding it simply "refuses" to flash the QSPI... yet when taking a look at the build analyzer it looks like this on both laptop and PC:

0693W000008y4kAQAQ.pngI basiically set my laptop up in the same way I set up my PC. I installed, Touchgfx, ST-LinkUtility,CubeProgramme, CubeMX and CubeIDE.

I guess, I am just missing a checkbox or something, yet I have already compared build and debugging settings and they both look the same on PC and laptop.

Lastly this rather crude method of simply copying the projectfolder worked for me before with an older proect also set up with TGFX. So I dont quite understand why it is not working this time.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael K
Senior III

Can you confirm that your linker script looks similar to below?

/* Memories definition */
MEMORY
{
  CCMRAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x10000000,   LENGTH = 64K
  RAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x20000000,   LENGTH = 320K
  FLASH    (rx)    : ORIGIN = 0x8000000,   LENGTH = 2048K
  SDRAM (rw)      : ORIGIN = 0xC0000000,  LENGTH = 16M
  QSPI (r)        : ORIGIN = 0x90000000,  LENGTH = 16M
}

If you download STM32CubeProgrammer standalone, are you able to browse memory location of QSPI after selecting the appropriate external loader? (You can find the external loader selected under Debug Configurations -> Debugger tab, Misc section)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael K
Senior III

Can you confirm that your linker script looks similar to below?

/* Memories definition */
MEMORY
{
  CCMRAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x10000000,   LENGTH = 64K
  RAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x20000000,   LENGTH = 320K
  FLASH    (rx)    : ORIGIN = 0x8000000,   LENGTH = 2048K
  SDRAM (rw)      : ORIGIN = 0xC0000000,  LENGTH = 16M
  QSPI (r)        : ORIGIN = 0x90000000,  LENGTH = 16M
}

If you download STM32CubeProgrammer standalone, are you able to browse memory location of QSPI after selecting the appropriate external loader? (You can find the external loader selected under Debug Configurations -> Debugger tab, Misc section)

Yes the linker script looks as above, yet I have found my solution. I reinstalled CubeIDE and when opening my .cproject file I make sure to have CubeIDE closed. I dont know which of these caused the board to flash normally but it works.

oeliks
Senior

Also when using cubeide and cube programmer - when connected in cube programmer You cant program chip with cubeide.​