cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey we have used LSM6DSMTR in one of our project for prototype but now we want to go for production of 1200 piece but this part is out of stock everywhere. Can i know when i can get this part ?what is lead time ?

Vpraj.1
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Ozone
Lead

Contact a ST salesperson or an official distributor directly.

Neither do the volunteers at this forum know, nor will ST publish such data here publicly.

can i get contact of any ST salesperson

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Vpraj.1​ ,

the LSM6DSM IMU is not a discontinued product, but is still active, even if it is currently out of stock due to the worldwide shortage in semiconductor market.

This issue should hopefully be recovered in a couple of months.

I invite you to check on the ST eStore for the updated availability and, in case you need > 500 devices, you can Contact Sales for direct update.

-Eleon

Vpraj.1
Associate II

Is purchasing from alibaba reliable because i am getting only from there

Well, on Alibaba you can sell products just registering on it, and there is no way for ST to control the quality of the material on sale.

Sometimes it might happen that expired lots or batch of materials that have been discarded from the distributors are sold...

-Eleon

Alibaba is about as reliable as any parts broker, and at least if the seller is honest it's probably coming directly from their stockroom rather than a bunch of third-parties. But yes it can be a bit of a crap-shoot, and you have little recourse.

You'd likely want to bake out any product received as it is hard to know how long and it what conditions the stock has been held if it's some sub-division of ST's originally packaging/tray quantity.

DigiKey indicates 34 Week Lead time, which seems in-line with current market situation.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..