cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader to update firmware via UART: It is possible to invert UART TX pin?

Guillherme Amaral
Associate

My project requires a RS-232 cable with TX inverted to connect the PC with CubeProgrammer CLI to STM32WB55. In application, I am able to configure the UART with "UART_ADVFEATURE_TXINVERT_INIT", and the STM32WB55 transmission works fine through the RS-232 cable, but does not work on bootloader, since by default the TX pin is not inverted.

Any idea on how to workaround this?

A custom bootloader is an option to consider, but since I am using CubeProgrammer I would like to use the default bootloader from ST.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Guillherme Amaral​ to the Community!

As you have probably already seen that in AN2606, the built-in bootloader is fixed and doesn't offer configuration parameters, so there is no way to use such special features.

Either you use an external single-gate inverter or you write your own bootloader, which of course reduces your user's Flash area.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Guillherme Amaral​ to the Community!

As you have probably already seen that in AN2606, the built-in bootloader is fixed and doesn't offer configuration parameters, so there is no way to use such special features.

Either you use an external single-gate inverter or you write your own bootloader, which of course reduces your user's Flash area.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.