cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me if TouchGFX has the ability to turn the screen

PKunK.1
Associate III

I worked with stm32f469i_Discovery.

I worked with TouchGFX. LCD was working on 800*480, with icons and pictures.

The LCD specification used has been changed.

We need to use 480*800 longitudinal LCD.

The previous work is 800*480, but I want to know that TouchGFX or stm32f469 supports the ability to turn the screen 90 degrees.

The following is what I looked for.

TextArea()

: Widget(), typedText(TYPED_TEXT_INVALID), color(0), linespace(0), alpha(255), indentation(0), rotation(TEXT_ROTATE_0), wideTextAction(WIDE_TEXT_NONE)

{

}

TextRotation rotation; ///< The text rotation to use in steps of 90 degrees.

I checked the rotation in the Text section, but I couldn't find the image rotation.

If anyone knows, ask me for advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When i right understand you need change designed project from landscape to portrait, and all objects move and rotate .

This Designer now cant do automaticaly.

But when only your type of LCD is changed and GUI design stay landscaped, you can simply only change angle for images

for reconfigure use text editor or change setup in cubeMX ico file generate change template file in directory TouchGFX , then open template file and your design will be reconfigured...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

If you wish to rotate images you should use the textuteMapper widget.

Do you wish to rotate your project at run time or just develop everything at a 90° angle ? In the latter case you can change the display orientation in TouchGFX Designer in the "Config" tab in the "Display" section.

/Romain

Thank you for your advice.

What I'm talking about is the latter case you're talking about.

Already, the TouchGFX project has changed the specifications of LCDs at the near completion stage.

I checked what you said. The display rotates, but the BITMAPs in it do not rotate.

What I need is that the internal BITMAP is also rotated.

Thank you again for your advice.

When i right understand you need change designed project from landscape to portrait, and all objects move and rotate .

This Designer now cant do automaticaly.

But when only your type of LCD is changed and GUI design stay landscaped, you can simply only change angle for images

for reconfigure use text editor or change setup in cubeMX ico file generate change template file in directory TouchGFX , then open template file and your design will be reconfigured...

MKris.5
Associate II

Hi @PKunK.1 (Customer)​ ,

Can you please share me the ILI9806E code for initializing the ILI9806E module.

I can't change the LCD orientation . Currently set it as 480p width and 800p height. i wanna change it to 800 width and 480 height.

Thanks,

meimurgan