cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate via UART Using SensorTile with Nucleo Board ST-Link

TFawd.1
Associate

I'm trying out some neural network programming on the SensorTile with the STEVAL-STLCX01V1 expansion cradle and have been having some issues printing my results via the serial port (just a simple string containing a number). I have managed to set up a USB-CDC connection with my PC, however this is not working 100% reliably for me and I was hoping to communicate with my PC via the SensorTile's UART5 port instead. I'm finding this tricky as I am using the onboard ST-Link provided by a Nucleo-411RE board.

From what I can see on the schematic here, and suggested by kulky64 here, the flow of the signal is like this:

STM32L476JG (PC12, ball B3, UART5_TX) -> SensorTile (pin 7, signal TXD-USB_DM) -> solder bridge SB20 -> level converter ST2378ETTR -> CN9 pin 1

Would it therefore be possible to simply connect CN9 pin 1 to the ST-Link CN3 RX pin (found on the Nucleo-411RE board) using a jumper wire and view the output on Putty via the ST-Link's VCOM port? Or would this require some other setup to make it work/avoid damaging the board?

Thanks for any help!

0 REPLIES 0