cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Actually ADC sampling rate. Suppose i want to trigger the adc at sampling rate of 1Msps. i would trigger the adc using timer update event that would over flow after every 1 usec. But in the parameter setting using cube mx for adc has one option

Sbhen.1488
Associate II

of sampling time in terms of cycles. what this sampling time corresponds to. I mean is this the actual rate at which the adc samples the input signal. If this is Sampling rate of ADC. then using Timer update event which i set for every 1hmz is related to what ?

Im getting lot of confusion.. please answer me

thank you.

Im using nulceo f446re board.

2 REPLIES 2
Ozone
Lead

Read the ADC section of the reference manual.

> ... of sampling time in terms of cycles. what this sampling time corresponds to.

This is a configured time, specifying how long the S&H capacitor of the ADC is connected to the analogue input.

Add the conversion time to that. And perhaps an inter-conversion delay.

ADC sampling time plus ADC conversion time must be less than your sampling period (1/sampletime).

so this is not the rate at which the ADC takes the sample? This is the time for which the ADC hold the sample ? is this the right interpretation of what your saying. if possible could you explain more on this.

Thank you