cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-IDP004V1 connection with STM32 Nucleo

GVall.2
Associate II

Dear Supporters,

iam purchanging a STEVAL-BFA001V1B kit and STEVAL-IDP004V1 IO-Link master Board,now i wanted to connect my IO_Link master Board to STM32 Nucleo Board and use Nucleo Board as main Controller. is it possible for data transfer between IO Master Board and Nucleo ?, if so what are the best transfer interfaces (RS 485 or I2C). i come to know that IO master Board has a I²C, so is it possible for communicaion to Nucelo Board?.

Thaning you,

Nag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Gvall.2, to the community!

both boards you mentioned are already on NRND (Not Recommended for New Design). We recommend to use STEVAL-BFA001V2B and STEVAL-IDP004V2 IO-Link master Board instead.

The communication between the IO-Link main board and NUCLEO is usually done via RS485, as EMI problems may arise with I2C. RS485 is already be used in the IO-Link stack provided by TEConcept.

Please note that the stack from TEConcept is not freely available and a license is required, as you can read in UM2232:

The version is fully featured but for a limited time (10000 minutes): after that, the system stops working and you

need a new free key license from TEConcept, with the hardware ID readable using their proprietary Control tool, a

graphical user interface (GUI) which enables communication with master unit and device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Gvall.2, to the community!

both boards you mentioned are already on NRND (Not Recommended for New Design). We recommend to use STEVAL-BFA001V2B and STEVAL-IDP004V2 IO-Link master Board instead.

The communication between the IO-Link main board and NUCLEO is usually done via RS485, as EMI problems may arise with I2C. RS485 is already be used in the IO-Link stack provided by TEConcept.

Please note that the stack from TEConcept is not freely available and a license is required, as you can read in UM2232:

The version is fully featured but for a limited time (10000 minutes): after that, the system stops working and you

need a new free key license from TEConcept, with the hardware ID readable using their proprietary Control tool, a

graphical user interface (GUI) which enables communication with master unit and device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GVall.2
Associate II

Hallo Peter,

Thank you for the information, is it possible for the " STEVAL-IDP004V2 IO-Link master Board" to communicate with an HMI designed by our own (Instead of TEConcept),is there any programming manual available for the IO link Master Board to communicate (Data Acquisition) via RS-485, IO-link Stack for FieldBus communication to our HMI.

Kind Regards,

Govil

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

With the STEVAL-IDP004V2 you can do whatever you want. It includes an STM32F205RBT7 and the L6360 IO-Link transceiver, and nothing prevents you from programming both, the AN5041 contains URLs to all relevant devices.

Otherwise, UM2232 is the only manual for the STEVAL-IDP004V2, as the functionality was developed exclusively by TEConcept.

Good luck!

/Peter

GVall.2
Associate II

Hii Peter,

can i also get the sensor data information of "STEVAL-BFA001V2B-IO Device " from Master Board STEVAL-IDP004V2 to pc via "HYPERTERMINAL Interface (TERATERM)", if so can i use the same commands defined in UM2232 to communicate with STEVAL-BFA001V2B-IO DEVICE.

PS: My main task is to read IO Link data frames to pc via Hyperterminal, how can i accomplish this task?.

Thanking you.

Kind Regards,

GOVIL